With great power comes great responsibility

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Thank you Spider-Man for those inspiring words ...

Proverbs 22:6 (NIV)

Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.
Proverbs 12:15 (NIV)
The way of a fool seems right to him, but a wise man listens to advice.
I've been going to a men's community group through my home church, Oasis Community Church, and it has been good. It's a mixed group of guys that have a lot of experiences, regrets, and godly wisdom. I see myself as having an amazing opportunity and great responsibility with the way I raise my son.

I want to raise Mateo in the way he should go. I want to be someone he looks up to (not just literally) and someone that has shows him an example of what a man is. I am thankful for having godly fellowship with guys that are humble enough to admit their mistakes, guys that admit they love Jesus, and guys that are determined to never give up on their families - ever! I am thankful that God can use them to teach me about being a godly husband, father, and man. I'm far from perfect, but that doesn't mean I can't try.

3 comments:

Gaby said...

I'm glad you get to go to the small group. I don't know how you get up that early, even after getting up with me in the night :)
Love you!

Adam said...

Aaron, it sounds like you have an abundance of love that surrounds you and your family. Your cup overflows :) I have no doubt that you will one day look upon your child and he will make you a proud dad, but that day is awhile to come yet. You alone by leading in example walking in Christ's footsteps, are the best testimony for those around you. I will pray for you that God's will be done and that he bring you peace and love.

Aaron said...

Thanks guys